A Summer Night with Friends

For as long as I can remember I have always enjoyed planning activities, big or small.  The aspect of entertaining I enjoy the most is creating an atmosphere with elicits good conversation, carefree laughter and enjoyment!  I am still a self-professed non-creative person, it is fun to bring an idea together...even if a simple dessert party for friends. 


This past weekend I wanted to share my new apartment with some friends and have an excuse to do some baking.  (side note: I LOVE baking but the food needs to go somewhere else so I don't eat it all).





I made some yummy red{ish} velvet cupcakes with whipped cream cheese frosting.



I also wanted to try my hand at making refreshing fruit infused water.  

It came out a bit tart, but still refreshing: strawberry lemonade water.  
After looking at the for quite a few months, I used some birthday funds to purchase a replica mason jar dispenser {World Market} and was excited to fill it for the first time.



The table was set, the glasses rimed with a lemon slice,
cupcakes displayed, chairs scattered.  
Set for a great night. 

The evening was a success with great conversations, laughter and stories.  

Always a good time getting reacquainted with friends you don't see often
and meeting new friends.  





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Purposeful Life of a Carrot

Perspective

A New Year...a Semi-BIG year!