A Song-Filled Life

For those who may know me, I like music.  No, I love music.  Well, actually, my life feels like a playlist of songs which resonate deep within my heart.  God has used the medium of music to grab my heart and mind.  The following is an old note I wrote on Facebook but rang very true again today so I thought I'd share!  
I recently purchased Shane & Shane's newest album "Everything is Different" and was so excited how their words were more scripture put to music.  What a great way to sing praises than to sing the words of God?!
One of the songs has resonated within my heart and has encouraged me greatly..."This is Who I Am".
"I am a new creation
The old has passed away
and I'm made new
I have been adopted
the door has opened up for me
to know You and to be like You

This is who I am
I've been born again
The cross is my defense
My hope secure
Now my life is in Your hand
and on every word I'll stand
Lord, I'm finding who I am
in all You are

When my heart condems me
and tells me I am guilty
You're greater
Jesus You have searched me
and even in Your finding
You have loved me and You love me

For He made Him
who knew no sin to be sin
on our behalf was crucified
Oh that we could be
the righteousness of our Creator

I am a new creation
the old has passed away and
I am made new"
 
What wonderful, powerful, healing, encouraging, truthful words regarding our standing with Christ.
All praise and honor and glory go to Him alone who is able to draw us to himself!
Here is a link to the video 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Purposeful Life of a Carrot

Perspective

A New Year...a Semi-BIG year!